At Trusted detailing we never use any chemicals or harsh acids to clean the interior of vehicles. We use steam to clean leather, door jambs, vents, seats, carpets, floor mats, everything…
With steam we can also clean inside vents using special tools that kill mold and remove odors !
Steam vapor cleaning techniques and hints
There are a few rules of thumb when cleaning with vapor:
The lower the steam pressure, the higher the consistent temperature and the drier the steam.
Pressure is great for down and dirty cleaning, but for everything else....turn it down. Condensation occurs at a higher pressure output....so once again, keep it down and let the heat do the cleaning.
Cut out the chemicals and the residues they leave behind
Remember, the sooner you cut out cleaners on your surfaces, the sooner the
residues will disappear. Soap residue attracts dirt and your car or other
surfaces actually get dirty quicker. There is no purer clean than steam.
Virtually unmatched and unchallenged, the Vapor Clean Desiderio
Dry Steam Vapor Cleaner is limited only by your imagination. Equipped with a
perfect combination of 311 degrees vapor power with a commercial strength two
stage vacuum and combined injection (extraction) system, the Desiderio will allow
you to virtually clean and sanitize every surface imaginable.
The Desiderio steam / vapor and injection (extraction) system gets out stains
that conventional machines leave behind as well as eliminating the bacteria, molds
and mites which cause annoying allergies. The Desiderios water filtration system
traps bacteria and dust in its collection tank and exits through an additional filter. The
water inside the stainless steel boiler is heated to 311 degrees which creates
vapor. Vapor is a gas that has about 5% -6% moisture content only.
As all gases do, when vapor contacts the atmosphere it expands violently
and dissipates. Vapor molecules are extremely small and are able to penetrate
the pores on any surface. When the hot vapor molecules come in contact with the cool surface in the pores, they violently expand and force all dirt, debris, and bacteria to the surface. Because the vapor molecules are so hot, bacteria, as well as most other harmful pathogens are killed. The result is a surface that is free of any substance that was not on the original surface and dissipates. Vapor molecules are extremely small and are able to penetrate the pores on any surface. When the hot vapor molecules come in contact with the cool surface in the pores, they violently expand and force all dirt, debris, and bacteria to the surface. Because the vapor molecules are so hot, bacteria, as well as most other harmful pathogens are killed. The result is a surface that is free of any substance that was not on the original surface.
What is the difference between steam cleaners and vapor cleaners?
Nothing. Vapor is a term used in Europe to mean "steam". Unlike pressure washers, which are connected to a water source and tend to make a mess (they belong outdoors), "vapor systems" produce dry vapor and therefore may be used for applications where a pressure washer would not be practical.
Why have vapor cleaners become so popular?
First, as people become more aware of the various risks associated with cleaning chemicals, they have found themselves searching for "chemical-free" alternatives.
Second, nothing cleans like heat. If you had to clean something and you were forced to choose between two alternatives, which would you choose?
1) Cold water and nasty soap and chemicals.
2) Boiling hot water and no soap.
Professionals with cleaning experience will choose the hot water and no soap or chemicals every time.
* Vapor systems don't make a mess. When you compare vapor steam cleaners to "pressure washers", one thing becomes perfectly clear: if you turn a pressure washer on indoors, you will be left with more of a mess than when you started!
* Safety. While high temperature pressure washers can actually cut a person's foot in half, vapor systems in comparison are extremely safe. To be sure, vapor systems must be treated with respect and directions followed to avoid injury, most people are pleasantly surprised to learn that the steam coming out of the nozzle dissipates very quickly and that from 2 feet away is actually cool and dry!
* Applications. There are a lot of things such as vent cleaning, door jamb cleaning, leather and seat cleaning, windows, wheels, tinted windows and many other safe detailing applications. To people who have been frustrated by these cleaning challenges, vapor systems are like a breath of fresh (hot) air- almost like a miracle machine.